The Product Business Analyst is responsible for specifying new product features and communicating these via product design requirements to the development team. In Agile terminology, they will operate as the scrum product owner liaising closely with the Product Manager and the UX Designers to ensure that product enhancements and technical capability requirements are captured in the appropriate level of detail for the software engineers and testers to deliver a quality product.
The ideal candidate should have a strong technical understanding, be a good communicator, hands-on, well organised, and comfortable working directly with customers. They must have previous software analysis experience, and preferably some mobile technology experience. The role may involve a limited amount of travel to customer sites for product review meetings.
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Analysis and documentation of product requirements
- Produce functional specifications and product design documents
- Perform the role of scrum product owner in the agile development environment:
- Assist with creation and estimation of development tasks and allocation of work to Development Team
- Support Development Team in resolving any blockages or impediments to delivery
- Extract and document customer requirements via workshops, interviews and other methods
- Resolve client issues working at both process and technical level suggesting relevant approaches
- Identify areas for, and implement, process improvements within product delivery practice
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Experience as a business analyst / product owner or related work in a software development environment
- Exceptional documentation and communication skills including ability to deliver presentations using structure & style appropriate to audience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of technical complexity and delivery timescales
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management, while recognising and flagging issues outside area of own expertise
- Ability and motivation to confidently carry out work unsupervised
- Good team player capable of delivering results within demanding timescales and constraints
- Comfortable working in a technical environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, international, Client-oriented environment
To be considered for this position, please submit your CV to email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.