Product Business Analyst – Belfast
Founded in 2011 by an experienced and successful team, TheAppBuilder is a local, award winning, business with solid foundations now established, a very impressive global enterprise client base, and huge growth potential in the rapidly expanding market of enterprise mobility.
The Company has developed a SaaS platform that enables enterprise grade, native mobile apps to be very quickly created, published and updated by non-technical people. The apps are used by clients (who are primarily FTSE 100 companies) to inform, engage and enthuse their people.
TheAppBuilder are looking to hire a motivated and energetic professional who is passionate about delivering the highest quality solution to TheAppBuilder clients in a fast-paced environment. They will work as part of a product team in the delivery and on-going evolution of TheAppBuilder’s products.
The Product Business Analyst is responsible for specifying new product features and communicating these via product design requirements to the development team. In Agile terminology, they will operate as the scrum product owner liaising closely with the Product Manager and the UX Designers to ensure that product enhancements and technical capability requirements are captured in the appropriate level of detail for the software engineers and testers to deliver a quality product.
The ideal candidate should have a strong technical understanding, be a good communicator, hands-on, well organised, and comfortable working directly with customers. They must have previous software analysis experience, and preferably some mobile technology experience. The role may involve a limited amount of travel to customer sites for product review meetings.
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Analysis and documentation of product requirements
- Produce functional specifications and product design documents
- Perform the role of scrum product owner in the agile development environment:
- Assist with creation and estimation of development tasks and allocation of work to Development Team
- Support Development Team in resolving any blockages or impediments to delivery
- Assist in the production and verification of Product Test Scripts
- Extract and document customer requirements via workshops, interviews and other methods
- Resolve client issues working at both process and technical level suggesting relevant approaches
- Identify areas for, and implement, process improvements within product delivery practice
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Experience as a business analyst / product owner or related work in a software development environment
- Exceptional documentation and communication skills including ability to deliver presentations using structure & style appropriate to audience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of technical complexity and delivery timescales
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management, while recognising and flagging issues outside area of own expertise
- Ability and motivation to confidently carry out work unsupervised
- Good team player capable of delivering results within demanding timescales and constraints
- Comfortable working in a technical environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, international, Client-oriented environment
This is a great opportunity for an excellent candidate, with a background in a technical business analysis area, to progress their career by working with an experienced product management team. You will enjoy exciting challenges in a fast-paced environment whilst working with the most up-to-date technologies.
To be considered for this position, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position in the subject line.